Thursday, January 8, 2009

Our Christmas Traditions






So, Greg and I are not much for traditions (we're lazy, 0kay?). But Christmas time is when they all come out. And sadly enough, all of the traditions come from his side of the family...none from mine. My one Christmas tradition got axed the first year we were married. My family always opened all of our presents on Christmas Eve and then we opened our big Santa gift on Christmas morning. I have to admit that I like opening presents Christmas Day instead of Christmas Eve.

We act out the Nativity on Christmas Eve with the kids. They love it. We also act out the story of Samuel the Lamanite prophesying of the Savior's birth. We wad up aluminum foil and use those as rocks to "throw" at Samuel. Each kid gets a chance to be Samuel. Another tradition we have is opening pajamas on Christmas Eve. This year I changed it a little because the kids have so many pairs of PJ's. I bought matching underarmor shirts for each boy. They wear sports clothes to bed anyway. Santa always puts an orange in the bottom of their stockings. Finally, our funniest tradition is the pickle present. Greg's Mom came up with this one. We have a pickle ornament that we hide in the tree and whoever finds it gets the "pickle present." Finding the pickle is harder than you think. I have actually never found that stinkin' pickle.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment