Saturday, January 17, 2009

10 things most people don't know about me

A friend of mine posted 10 things about herself and I thought it was a fun idea, so here are mine:


1. I played rugby in college…only for a semester. Wow…was that an experience. It’s a whole different culture that crowd. Those girls were the manliest girls I have ever met. My friend in college (who was all muscle by the way) convinced me to do it. For all you rugby aficionados (Greg gave me that word), I played a winger, but attempted to be a hooker one game.


2. I love to follow rules. Seriously. I am really uncomfortable when there are no boundaries. I tend to make up a lot of rules for our family. It drives Greg crazy. Although, I must have this weird persuasive power (or my rules are totally awesome), because he always follows them.


3. Going along with rules, I love order. Especially in games. My family makes fun of me because I am like a game rule Nazi. I know what’s going on every minute and with every person in a game. You don’t want to try and cheat while I am playing. I like to keep the stack of cards nice and clean, voices low, turns in order. You get the idea. When a question arises about the rules, it goes to me and I decide what’s best for the game. It is really exhausting keeping track of all aspects of the game, but someone’s got to do it, right? You can tell I am the life of the party !


4. I love being home. I am happier to rent a movie, pop our own popcorn (has to be Orville Redenbacher Natural Butter…you’ve got to try it), and chill on our own comfy couches than go pay $20 to see one at the theater. Plus…we always watch movies with the subtitles on so we can see what they are saying. I mean, you can’t get that at the theaters!


5. I don’t really like showering too much. I am on an every other day schedule. It takes way too long and I don’t think I really stink that much. At least, Greg has never told me I do. Do I???


6. I LOVE to eat. Seriously, I think about food A LOT during the day. My favorite food is pizza. I could eat that every night of the week. Strangely enough I really don’t enjoy cooking or baking.


7. First thing in the morning, I open up all the blinds. It makes me crazy to have a dark house. I would leave the blinds open at all times, but Greg makes me close them at night (especially when the lights are on and I am changing)…whatever!


8. I love to vacuum. I used to vacuum everyday. Now that I have 4 kids, I don’t have the time to do it. I think I love to vacuum because it immediately makes the house look cleaner and I do love a clean house. My son was using our little Shark vacuum in the kitchen and he said he loved the sound it makes when you suck up a piece of dirt. Awww…My thoughts exactly!


9. I make my own bread. I blame this on my mother in law. She got our family (me) a wheat grinder and Bosch for Christmas when we were first married. Seriously…I still can’t believe I make my own bread. I feel like such a Mormon! But, you’ve got to try it. Once you start, you can’t go back to that gross store bought bread!


10. I aspire to be a ballroom dancer. I know, long shot! Greg and I took lessons before we had kids and I just loved it. We’ve since stopped with all the kids around, but someday…although, I don’t know how those costumes will look with garments sticking out all over the place


There you have it. Hope this answers all those burning questions you've had all this time...

1 comment:

  1. Jaylene, I love knowing little details about people. That is such a fun idea. Don't give up on Ballroom dancing;) We are just trying to follow in the footsteps of the Borups. This Saturday is our day if he doesn't come before then. Alaska is treating us well. Crazy, but fun!

    ReplyDelete