Sunday, July 12, 2009

Oh What Do You Do in the Summertime?

We have already had a fun and busy summer. The kids have kept happy and busy and haven't complained too much about being bored yet. Here are some of the things that have been keeping them occupied.

Ava loves to eat anything outside: bugs, rocks, bark...you name it! Now that our garden is producing, she likes to eat unripened strawberries and raspberries, and peas! She hasn't found the green tomatoes yet. I think next year our garden will yield double what it did this year simply because of the Ava factor. These scooters have been well used. The kids love to race them outside in our culsdesac. We've had to pull out our yearly storage of band-aids for all the bloody knees and elbows!

Popsicles are a must...the kids get the cheap kind (usually otter pops) and Ava and I share the tasty expensive kinds.

Our kids have been playing street (driveway) hockey. How long until a window gets broken??? Hasn't happened yet...
Ava loves playing outside. She cries and cries at the door when the boys go out! So I bring my book outside, set up a lawn chair and let her wander around outside. I have read quite a few books this summer already. It has been a great summer so far!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Harlee and Ava sound exactly the same. Harlee eats dirt and rocks and cries when the older kids go outside. The difference is I don't go outside with the kids most of the time. They can get heat stroke, but not me. 105 degrees is no fun to play in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are things we do in the fall. I am envious. My kids only last about 5 min at a time in the heat. Yesterday it was 109! No park for us! They are all growing up so fast! Cute kids!

    ReplyDelete